- I have addresssed a conference of tax professionals at a hotel in Las Vegas followed by a four course dinner at a casino which looks like Paris in Springtime.
- I gave up ballet at the age of fourteen when it was clear I was never going to be good, however often I read Noel Streatfield's "Ballet Shoes".
- I can swim in a slow and stately fashion for miles (my father once said I looked like the QE2 and at stage I was only sixteen and quite slender) but I hate going under water.
- I like cooking, jam and chutney making, weeding, growing things from seed, dreaming about my garden in the winter by the fireside.
- I hate shopping, hanging around in airports, celebrity magazines, plastic surgery, casual cruelty (or the personification of the last two combined in Anne Robinson - sorry, James, UK centric, not sure if you are familiar with her in the US, imagine snippy and domineering with scarily smooth face).
- I find politics fascinating but can't bear to listen to politicians being interviewed. Sometimes while listening to the Today programme on the radio in the morning I will turn the radio off three or four times so as not to be infuriated by yet another politician failing to accept responsibility or to acknowledge that someone on the other side of the fence has actually said something sensible.
- I can't ski and can't ice skate and now accept that I am not going to spend the time learning to do something which would involve so much falling over.
- I have one foot bigger than the other (don't think there is any connection with 7 above).
- I have planted two mulberry trees, one white, one black, which I would like to see fruit. They are two years old, they don't usually fruit before they are about fifteen. I am fifty five.
- I like Chablis, Riesling and sloe gin. I am not fond of coca cola or malibu.
Monday, 28 December 2009
One of the most interesting gardening blogs I read is from James at Federal Twist. He has tentatively tagged me for a meme called "Honest Scrap". I seem to have been blogging for so long that I don't often do memes any more as I can't imagine there is anything much left to say about myself but I so like his blog and am so surprised and pleased that he thought of me that I will give it a go (except I may cheat and not pass it on.)
These are the rules. You have to first list 10 honest things about yourself (and make them interesting). Second, present the award to seven other bloggers.