- Is the dog still inclined to jump up at people from time to time?
- Do you have a just about to be ninety three year old living with you who is not too steady on his feet?
- Is your beautiful ginger cat inclined to turn into a spitting, shrieking, dog seeking missile?
- Do you have a large number of chickens?
- Is your husband someone who tolerates said dog and cat rather than a full blown animal lover? Actually this last one is the best bit so far as husband is engaging fully and productively with the whole dog, grandpa, cat etc dilemma.
Of course I thought about these things, of course I did. I am a forward planning type of person. The dog is asleep at my feet. The cat is miaowing crossly on the doorstep. Father in law is watching the televsion in his room. The chickens are shut up in their runs.
It's all fine.
My God, is it really only quarter past five?