It has been two weeks since I blogged! I can't remember when that last happened. My time and my head have been full of a whirl of travel and commitments. Time to pause for breath and make a list, a list of things to do in the coming week and a list of things not to do as well perhaps.
- Go to yoga. Have you noticed that the time when you need things most is often when you let them go? Yoga makes me feel better, calmer and fractionally bendier. I haven't been since Christmas and I know that when I don't go for a while I will find it hard to settle down to it, hard to slow down, hard to let myself go. This probably means that I should go.
- Plan my cutting garden. Because of all sorts of family and work pressures I am way behind with all sorts of things. I have today sowed some salvia, some verbena bonariensis, some violas and some poppies. A couple of weeks ago I did manage to sow my sweetpeas, choosing Sarah Raven's light and dark mixes as all her sweetpeas have very good scent. What I need to do now is to decide how the cutting garden as a whole should work.
- Walk. Every day this week I shall walk for an hour. I love walking and the rhythm of putting one foot in front of the other always makes me feel good. Add to that the slow wakening of the landscape to spring around me and what better way can there be to spend an hour?
- Bake. I love baking. I simply have to decide between making something I can do with my eyes closed (cheese scones, coffee cake, apple cake) and something new which needs a recipe. Something new I think.
- Think. This is an odd one for me. I am a believer in thinking, in analysing, in being rational, in challenging overwhelming feelings with thought, but sometimes the mind is stilled by not thinking. I wonder if I can do it? Let us see if I can do instead.