Five of the good things about today:
- Eleven month old grandson on the swing, giggling with delight.
- Roast beef and yorkshire pudding and all the trimmings for lunch, cooked by lovely daughter.
- Being told by exceptionally nice Swiss family that the holiday cottage is the best they have ever stayed in.
- Roast beef sandwiches for tea.
- Eleven month old grandson concentrating hard on eating carrots, picking them up with the utmost care, moving them carefully around his mouth, carefully expressing them onto the high chair tray, and then carefully picking up another.
- The hens have just about stopped laying and even good, free range shop bought eggs are not the same.
- Claudia Winkleman's dress and makeup on Strictly. Seriously? Perhaps it is meant to be ironic and I am just missing the joke.
- No, sorry. It was just a good day. Hope yours was too.