Littlebrowndog's great blog brought me out in such a rash of fellow feeling I thought I would have a very short curmudge myself. Annoying things about Christmas:
- Supermarkets heaving with people shopping for a month's siege instead of two days. Stop it. People are starving. It is all just going to go off.
- Idiots queueing at 5.00am on Boxing Day for the Next sale. Haven't they just had a load of stuff?
- They need more stuff?
- Christmas lights on houses to rival Blackpool illuminations. Haven't they heard of global warming? How non-essential can you get? Turn it off.
- Articles in Sunday supplements suggesting the perfect present at £299.99. Excuse me?
- The first of the nine lessons where Adam says "It was the woman who tempted me" or words to that effect. Grow up. Be a man. Take responsibility.
- Slade's Merry Christmas shouting at me in shops. Turn it down. Turn it off.
- The fact that my husband always gets just a little bit cross when we have got to the bit I like: Christmas dinner.
- No gardening programmes on the telly. I get withdrawal symptons.
- Wet and wind instead of snow and cold.
However on Boxing Day I got a really ace Christmas present: the first deep brown and beautiful egg from my exultant and noisy Welsummer hen.